Thursday, December 11, 2008

Having a God Moment

I was on a chat board with some authors and this one suggested that I announce that a percentage of my royalties go to charity. I said to him, "but it's not true." and he replied, "So what. No one will know." Well, I was, to say the least, utterly appalled!

But he got me thinking.

So I'm wondering....Should I donate a percentage and to whom? Well, you know how dense we all can be....I'm sitting, working on Cedar Woman, the TV is on behind me because I listen for story lines, and for the first time in YEARS that I can remember, an "Operations Smiles" commercial comes on. Could have blown me away! DUH. HELLO! My child was born with cleft lip and palate!

So, I called them, and we are arranging for me to be a donator and for them to send me their logo for my sites. How cool is that?

I am so pleased with this. It's like a "God Moment."

Debra Shiveley Welch
Member, Boomer Diva Nation

No comments: