Sunday, December 14, 2008

I've Got Time on my Hands

One day last week, I was at CVS on my lunch hour. I had plenty of time and I had several items in my cart. I walked up to the checkout counter and was waiting on the person in front of me. This lady came up behind me with a toddler and he was restless. She had two things and I told her to go ahead in front of me. She said, "Are you sure?" I said, "sure" I have more items than you, please go ahead. While she was paying, I noticed a fireman with two items in his hand. So I again said, "sir, go ahead in front of me." He said, "Are you sure? I said, yes, I have more time than you do." He said, "thank you. I'm diabetic and I really need to eat something quickly." I told him I was diabetic too and I understood. So he paid and thanked me as he walked out.

Then I checked out and went back to work. It really made me feel good to be able to let two people who needed to get out of the store quicker than I did go ahead of me. How many times do we let others who have less in their cart ahead of us? This is going to be my new motto.

Betty Lynch
Member, Boomer Diva Nation

No comments: